Wilson Mason have organised a family 21mile charity cycle ride on 30th April to raise money for EMH Care and Support, Harwick Close. The route we will be using is the Preston Guild Wheel, a 21mile walking and cycle route that encircles Preston.
SBEM and Dynamic Simulation Modelling (DSM)
Energy Council employs highly experienced and accredited Low Carbon Energy Assessors (LCEAs) for SBEM and Dynamic Simulation Modelling (DSM) up to LCEA level 5.
SBEM (Simplified Building Energy Model) is a Government-defined process to demonstrate compliance with Part L2a & L2b of Building Regulations.
We are qualified to carry out Part L compliance calculations on—
- Commercial – All New Commercial Buildings, Existing, Conversions and Extensions (LCEA)
In 2013 Part L will be updated again with even more rigorous targets set. It is now even more important that you have robust, professional advice on how to meet these regulations in the optimal, cost effective way.
To complement our SBEM/ DSM Assessment service we also provide—
- Energy Performance Certification
- Air Tightness Testing
- Thermal Bridging Calculations
- Sound Insulation Testing
- BREEAM and Code Assessments
We are able to provide a cost effective, efficient & convenient service to ensure your development achieves Building Regulations compliance. No building is too simple or too complex.
How can Energy Council assist you with SBEM/ DSM?
All our quotes include the following essential components:
- Design Stage SBEM/ DSM Part L Compliant Calculations
- Draft Energy Certificates
- As Built SBEM/ DSM Part L Compliant Calculations
- Energy Performance Certificate
- Lodgement Fee
Our in-house LCEA assessors are able to offer energy-efficiency recommendations at no extra cost.
Dynamic Simulation Modelling allows us to accurately investigate—
- Thermal comfort issues
- Overheating and solar shading
- Renewable energy feasibility
- HVAC system selection, operation and control
- Passive design strategies
- Ventilation strategies, airflow and air temperature
- Material choice and fabric design
- Computational Fluid Dynamics – eg natural ventilation solutions modelling air flow through buildings, etc.
It has been proven that dynamic simulation modelling provides more accurate results than the simpler DCLG approved i-SBEM software, allowing us to provide our clients with a more accurate and cost effective service.
At early stages the information from thermal modelling can inform an iterative process to evaluate the feasibility of design concepts.
At later stages thermal modelling can be used in the testing, fine-tuning and implementation of design features, pushing them to their full potential.
We have made our service as efficient and user friendly as possible. By providing us with the building drawings via email we will contact you with a fully inclusive quotation to demonstrate Building Regulation compliance.
For any technical questions or if you would like to know about some of the projects that we have worked on in the past with case studies then please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to share our experiences.Get a free quotation